Wreck of the Old Point Reyes (Song)

Don't you miss me yet?
Don't you want to kiss me yet?
I'm the shipwreck tipped to the left
The West Marin girl you can't forget
---
Oh my painful aching heart
doc says I separated a shoulder
where I was carrying your boulder
The load too big for me to take
Falling in love with you?
was... Probably a huge mistake

I climbed the hill to let you go
Bike skidded under me in slow mo
Road rash and bruises grazed my side
Still pain in my neck and rhyme
I'm feeling lonely not sublime

The way you used to move me
Such a soothing siren symphony
Feet would barely touch the ground
now my mind is breaking down
and I'm praying to be found

Lying underneath my bike
A trail just left of me
A tunnel to the right
The ramp back to the road is steep
I'm wishing you were here beside me, 
but You're a ghost in the foggy city

Falling and bruising black n blue
painful things I do not like to do
but I'm coming again to get a glimpse of you
No matter how difficult the rhyme
I'll try to sing it one more time
To see your perfect face in lights
---
Don't you miss me yet?
Don't you want to kiss me yet?
I'm the ship tipped to the left
The West Marin girl you can't forget
---
Two more days til Sacramento
I'm planning out whether to go
It seems like it should be fun
several bands under the sun
And you're not the only one

Just like you said to me in December
The other bands are probably better
You were being modest and humble
Didn't know there would be a rumble

We both pulled so many pranks
Innuendos Jokes and puns 
We were all just having fun
We weren't hurting anyone

Like the wreck of the old Pt. Reyes
The leaning boat that still remains
Even after it was set on fire
Situation appeared a quagmire
But she remains near heart's desire
---
Don't you miss me yet?
Don't you want to kiss me yet?
I'm the ship tipped to the left
That crazy California girl you definitely won't forget
---
Part of a Creative Writing Project: Letters to Geographer 2015-2016 

No comments: