Song and Free Write at Millerton Point

I Want to Spend a Day with You(song)
---
I want to spend a day with you
Collapsing under a sky of breathless blue
I want to hold your hand
Lay down happy on the sand
I want to spend a day with you
---
We all just want a little piece of sky
where we can rest our weary aching eyes
and watch the graceful birds soar by
We all just want a little piece of sky
---
since you've come into my riddled life
every day seems a little more bright
dancing, singing and happiness
are my new addictions for which I feel blessed
I want to dance and sing with you.
---
i'll make myself a nymph of the sea
you can float you're pretty eyeballs out to me
sing your siren songs of myth
be my never ending kiss
i'll make myself a nymph of the sea
---
Fashionable host of my Stage
You kept me searching and praying
With arms outstretched as if to fly
You welcomed me to go find mine
I'm hot-blooded and I won't let chance slip by
---
All's well that ends well here
I won't let a day go by in fear
Inaudible and noiseless feet of time
Won't keep me from living in perfect rhyme
I want to spend a day with you divine
---
So bring me down your favorite city streets
Find us a newfangled place to eat
Love's labor is not lost on us
Poetic pageantry comes into clear focus
I want to spend the day with you.
----
----
Free Write at Millerton Point
---
strips of bark like belts
hanging
leaves frosted like winter windows
Bows swaying, creaking in the wind
like a rope swing from our favorite tree
push me you say
I push you as high as I can
hoping your feet will touch the top bow
you say stop, 
I'm going too high
we stay awhile and watch the sunset over the mountains
then we wander down the trail home
grace smiles and follows us too
We miss her
we miss the joy our animal spirit brought to our days
tears come all too easily when we stop to remember her love of a simple walk
and returning home

Part of a Creative Writing Project: Letters to Geographer 2015-2016

No comments: