Under Covers

Under
Inside
Dark
Small
Alive
Dreaming I sit beside you
In a room filled with harmony and rhyme

I'm peeking out at the light
strained through the blinds
there's a hole in my blanket
with colors and bird song rhymes

I feel like such a child
thrown back in time
broken heart heavy
lusty passion inside

I found him
but he says he can't be mine
I've fallen back to quiet time
Napping under covers
Sadness in my prime

Help me pull the covers off
like a matador
puffed proud and confident again
Show me like a Geographer
a map will be my friend
Lift me like a dancer
I'm up on shoulders
Soaring into sky
Pull back the sheets
Smile away the night

Under
Inside
Dark
Small
Alive
Dreaming I sit beside you
In a room filled with harmony and rhyme

Part of a Creative Writing Project: Letters to Geographer 2015-2016

No comments: