Lab of Life

I don't understand the game we are playing
I don't understand the words you're not saying
You've made a game out of love and I've been dealt a bad hand
I'm a foreign ship in your foggy land
---
Won't you please just talk to me?
All I ever wanted was your sounds around me.
No, that's really not all-
I need your body near me, I'm in withdrawals now.
Oh, no, that's not going to fix my pain, 
I need your arms around me to end this game
But even that won't do
Because I know I'm in love with you
I need to move into your place
like a puppy wagging every day
I want to give you all the love that I can
because I found you, and your my man.
I found you, and your my man.
---
Does it matter if I don't have a job right now?
I can give you love that will make you fall
into a world where you won't want to leave
You'll be so happy, it's ecstasy
I've discovered the secret my friend
It's starting at the end
Just when you know everything about me
That's where you can start to set me free
You won't have to ask me anything
Because you'll already know what I need
I talked it all out
Now I just need you inside of me
I'm burning for you to fill me with Chemistry
I'm on fire
I'm ready for safety goggles
and your Geography all around me
we don't need English any more
or History from before
Just light the burners up tonight
And join me in the Lab of Life

Part of a Creative Writing Project: Letters to Geographer 2015-2016

No comments: