When is the Bed just a Bed?

When is the bed just a bed?
and when is the bed our palace?
When is it the place he used to f*ck you?
and when is it the place I madly love you?

How can I help you
fragile child of pain
How can I help you
Run away today

When is the couch just a couch
and when is it the place you escape to
When is it the place he falls asleep drunk, mouth open, bottle in hand
When is it the place you come loudly, singing songs with the band

When is a kitchen just a kitchen
When is it the place you show him new love runs over breasts,
like tears
When is it the place he cooks up madness
When is it the place you find solace late at night, dancing to my words with beautiful light
shining in your eyes

When is a house just a house?
And when is a house the place I spend learning to love you?
When is it the place he force-fed you?
When is it the place I hoped you'd come away from to dance with me?

Part of a Creative Writing Project: Letters to Geographer 2015-2016

No comments: