Candy Woman

She chased me across the desert
far from the sea
all to tell me
she's got more candy

Everyone else got a Lucky bar
but me...
I wonder why?
I stood her up at Babbling Brook
So she decided to eat mine

I'm not the first one
to have a muse
some things in life you don't get to choose
Even Keith Richards says it's true
The songs must come to you
The songs they must come to you

She left
She drove away
went to see a friend in LA
I was perplexed
Stunned
Thought the following fun had just begun
But she slayed me
stranger just drove away
told me she had lollipops
but then took them away

They say she's older
certainly bolder
I'm not sure I can handle
a woman with her figure
but she's following me, uh oh
like lemonade disco

I smell sex and candy here
Casting devious stares in my direction-
Mama, this surely is a dream
and She's still into me

She's Sunrise wrapped in dew
A miracle or two
She mixes it with love
And makes the world taste untrue
I guess the candy man can be a woman too

Part of a Creative Writing Project: Letters to Geographer 2015-2016

No comments: