In the Studio Today... iPad Painting in Brushes| "Goodnight, San Francisco Moon"

"Goodnight, San Francisco Moon".  Painted in Brushes for 1st gen. iPad
Thursday, March 8, 2012

I am not sure why, but my most creative son and I have not been able to sleep well for the past few nights... I am beginning to think it really does have to do with the moon; a full moon, keeping us a bit uneasy and too alert to sleep.  Although Blake finally fell asleep tonight, I was still up, watching the news and noticed ABC channel 7 in the Bay Area had a video of one of our bridges with the moon rising right behind it and the traffic rolling by.

I have been thinking about starting to sketch on the iPad again, since Texas artist, Alison Jardine (@alisonjardine on Twitter) recently completed her 365th iPad drawing/painting... One for each day for the last 365 days.  I tried this with photos once and didn't make it...  Maybe I can do it again, or just revisit the iPad for a creative tool.  With all this in my night time mind, I sketched this little fun scene from my memory of the video on the news tonight.  "Goodnight, San Francisco Moon".  Seems like it could be the start of a cute children's book.  As I recall when I first started this finger painting a year or more ago, it takes some time to get used to all the tools/brushes before you can be more sophisicated in your work.  Sometimes it is just fun to go with the awkwardness of the tools and just let things happen.  This is one of the things I like most about Brushes on the iPad.  It's just fun... it is what you put into it, like most things in life.

1 comment:

Alison Jardine said...

I enjoyed your post. I also find that full moon plays havoc with my sleeping :)

I wish you much enjoyment with your iPad - it really is the most amazing tool for immediate downloading of images from your head - in full color!

Take care
Alison