In the Studio Today... City Bike: Day 1

June 11, 2012

"Nob Hill Bikes at The Crepe House" work in progress 2012  C.Proppé©
Monday...

Made a new goal to paint every Monday.  The start of this is a new bike painting, and I hope to continue with a Summer Series of "Bikes in the City".  This one is definitely in progress, with lots of details still to come.  The image is "The Crepe House" on Polk and Washington in San Francisco's Nob Hill area of the city.  The shop has bike racks outside, and they will be painted into the painting soon.  Here are a couple snapshots of the start of this one:
 This is an 18" x 24", oil on linen.


The linen is what I chose because I like to have a nice edge when I do not frame the canvas.  I have more recently been using gesso board, which has a wooden edge, but they were out of the size I wanted for this painting, so I selected the linen and gessoed it myself yesterday in preparation for painting today.

I like the way it is coming out so far, but there is a lot more detail to go.  Stay tuned!

No comments: