In the Studio Today... Joy; A Bounce Flash!

January 4, 2010

Joy; A Bounce Flash! (wide), originally uploaded by cproppe.

In my effort to become a better photographer for my painting reference photos, I am looking into the Strobist Blog, and dug out an old bounce flash(Sunpak 383) I bought at San Francisco's Adolph Gasser on 2nd Street, before 1995, along with my first, large tripod. The friend that took us there is now a partner at Stimulant in San Francisco, and is also an amazing photographer. While I sit here and try to learn the basics, this guy could create you a theater sized touch screen for your next event. Amazing technology. I hope I can learn 1% of what this old friend knows in 2010. Wish me luck! PS... The ornament in my son's hand, a Nutcracker Soldier, was made in 1990 by my college roommate in Maine. Christmas tree ornaments are such great memorabilia.

No comments: