On location Today... Flander's Ranch; Session #1

Friday, March 2, 2007

"Bobble tree in the Hills at Flander's Ranch" San Geronimo Valley, CA 18" x 24"
Plein air painting from the roadside today, from about 12:30- 2:30pm. It was breezy and warm in the sun. The cows were lying down when I arrived, and about 1/2 hour into the painting session, they all got up and started heading back towards the barn, passing by me on the way. Several came up to the fence to check me out. They are very furry up close. Some of the cows have long red hair that really catches the sunlight. The black cows had orange highlights in the sun. There is a single tree, on the left of the painting that always looks like a perfect sphere- "the bobble tree", I call it. I wanted to get this one in the scene. The clouds were changing very quickly today, and it was fun to try to capture a few of their shapes. I hope to return on the weekend to finish the painting.

No comments: