In the Studio Today... Black Mt. Black Dog; Session #4

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

"Black Mountain, Black Dog, Sunset" Inverness, CA
18" x 24"
I added the dog today, and played on the sand and in the water... Mountains grew pinker in the sunset. Water took on the light of the sunset. I enjoy painting water, and I look forward to working on more bayscapes soon. I was looking at a painting of boats on the water today by American Impressionist painter, Frank Weston Benson (1862-1951). His painting, "Calm Morning"
is at the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston. I would someday like to be able to capture the light on the water and on the subjects upon the water as he has in "Calm Morning". The figures and boats in his painting are truly glowing against the blue sea.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really like the way you added the dog and brought out the tecture in the sand.