In the Studio Today... "Ascent"; Session #1

Sunday, August 30, 2009
"Ascent" (cyclist on Ridgecrest Blvd., near Mt. Tam) 16" x 20", o/c.
Day 1 on this canvas... I have wanted to paint this one for some time now, but it's been a busy time, getting the kids back to school and looking for additional work. Tomorrow, I hang this show of cycling paintings at the Mill Valley Depot. This one will be the last in the current set, but more are definitely planned. 10 cycling paintings in all for this show. I considered having a couple of my older paintings printed on canvas and stretched to look like paintings, but instead, I started this one today. It has to be finished tonight, or it won't be dry enough to hang tomorrow. I am using Liquin as my medium today, so this should be fine to hang tomorrow.

I hope you will all come out for the reception, Tuesday night, 6-7pm, at the Mill Valley Depot Cafe and Bookstore. We plan to head for dinner afterwards to celebrate a friend's Birthday, so it will be fun. Please stop by! Wine and cheese provided by the Depot.

No comments: