In the Studio Today... Ole's Boathouse
Old Greenwich/Riverside, CT

Tuesday, July 7, 2009
"Ole's Boathouse, Riverside, Connecticut" o/c, 24" x 36". Commission.

I grew up down the road from this active boat yard, with access to Long Island Sound. I was able to spent part of my recent vacation time painting this commission. I forced myself to leave out details in the trees and water, and I like how that part of the painting turned out. It is very easy to over work a studio painting and add too many details. In this case, concentrating the details in the building, and leaving them out of background forces the viewers focus to the building, as one might paint a portrait of a face, with a misty or abstract background. Prints of this image are available. Please email me if you are interested.

No comments: