In the Studio Today...Bouquets to Art 2009


Bouquets to Art 2009, originally uploaded by cproppe.

I had a brief glimpse at this year's "Bouquets to Art" show at the de Young in San Francisco today. Floral designers choose a painting, sculpture or piece of art in the museum, and let it inspire them to create their work. Some are very traditional displays, while others are truly unique, and modern works of art in themselves.

It was a gorgeous day, great weather, and the opening day for the show, St. Patrick's Day. I saw a lot of people wearing green, and many beautiful hats and brightly colored outfits. The show inspires so much color, and it was so crowded I had to line up behind other camera carrying folks to snap my photos for this event. Very well attended today. 4 more days, through March 21st. Don't miss it! Always worth the trip! Click here to check out some of my photos from today...

No comments: