In the Studio Today... Connie Smith Siegel

Saturday, February 7, 2009
(click newsclipping to read)
Tomorrow, Sunday, February 8th, at 4pm, is a reception for Connie Smith Siegel at the San Geronimo Cultural Center Gallery, in Woodacre, CA. I hope to attend. Connie is a native of West Marin and has taught numerous artists over the years. She is a remarkable artist and inspirtation. I took this photo of Connie at Mt. Barnabe farm, in 2008. You can read more about that farm visit, here. Article reposted as a clipping from The West Marin Citizen.
Post script, Sunday night: I attended Connie's opening and really enjoyed the show and listening to Connie share her thoughts on some of her students and their work. It was well attended; the gallery was packed with 100 or so adults. Connie is offering 1 day workshops on Drawing and Painting later in the month. She released two new books, and I am excited to read these treasures by a local art gem. My highlight of the evening was Connie telling my that my photo of her on Mt. Barnabe is one of her favorite photos of herself. What a nice thing to say! View and purchase the books:

No comments: