In the Studio Today... Rebekka Guðleifsdóttir

August 18, 2008
Several months ago, I searched Flickr for photos of Iceland, and was connected to Rebekka Guðleifsdóttir's photostream on Flickr. I added several of her photos to my favorites, and then thought nothing about it for a while. Months have gone by and I return to see what she's up to, and have learned that she has become something of an internet sensation, with so many hits to her photos that she doesn't have time to reply to people. She was written about in the Wall Street Journal, and has subsequently done photography work for Toyota. Having fallen in love with Iceland in the 90's, I am excited to see this woman and mother of two boys doing so well with her career, doing what she loves and being discovered. Her work is phenomenal, truly inspiring. She is an online marketing genius and will certainly increase tourism to Iceland! Here is how you can see her work...
Rebekka's:
website
on flickr
I actually wrote her about knitting sweaters for my boys, and I truly hope that she is too busy with fantastic photography assignments and won't have time for the knitting soon... Although... knitting is very relaxing and an art all in itself!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the great tip on Rebekkas Flickr site. I viewed it and too fell in love with the sweaters and photography. Fun.